Pages

11.3.11

Minimalism and Fashion





A selection of images from the book Minimalism and Fashion: Reduction in the Postmodern Era by Elyssa Dimant. The forward is provided by Francisco Costa of Calvin Klein. He offers an insightful and personal account of his definition of minimalism. I think the issue many people (including me) have regarding minimalism is it's striking simplicity, you wonder how much work could have gone in to it. I guess my personal dilemma was that my tutor kept referring to my work as minimalist and I couldn't understand how I had managed to fit in to this category! This book has answered all the questions I had. Every page is stunning and I have nearly duplicated it with my unrestrained photocopying. I couldn't resist....

'My journey as a designer has been a personal one that in many ways has been more about editing than restraint.'
- Francisco Costa

2 comments:

  1. I have the book, recommendation to everyone! :)

    xx

    http://hypemyhip.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. There tend to be not many people who can certainly write not so simple posts that artistically. Continue the nice writing Sana Safinaz

    ReplyDelete